Thompson, masters of crafting authentic Mexican hand-hammered sinks, tubs and accessories for the kitchen and bath, is excited to announce a special opportunity to participate in their Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) private dinner during fall High Point Market, Sunday, October 15, 2017, beginning at 6:30 PM.
Alejandra Thompson, founder and creative visionary for Thompson, will host 25 designers in honor of Dia de los Muertos, a holiday celebrated in central and southern Mexico. As master home entertainers, Thompson and her family will open their home and create a respite for designers attending High Point market. The intimate event offers a friendly home for attendees to reconnect with friends and colleagues, as well as experience an authentic Day of the Dead celebration, with surprise guests joining throughout the evening.
This year, Thompson is adding a twist for designers desiring an invitation:
- Visit thompsontraders.com.
- Choose your favorite Thompson design.
- Post to your Instagram page.
- Tag it #TTDayoftheDead.
- Encourage others to like it.
The contest begins Tuesday, August 22, 2017 and has been extended to run through Monday, September 25, 2017. The top 25 posts with the most likes will receive a personal invitation to attend, and the final guest list will be announced separately.
Dia de los Muertos Rules and Regulations
- Eligible entrants are interior designers and decorators attending fall 2017 High Point Market.
- Upload one Thompson product image from thompsontraders.com to Instagram between August 22, 2017 and September 25, 2017.
- Tag image #TTDayoftheDead.
- No spamming or reposting.
- Thompson reserves the right to review winners’ professional status and to decline invitation to the dinner at their discretion.
- Invitations to dinner on Sunday October 15, 2017 will be based on number of likes from image posted. If multiple images are posts, Thompson will only count the image with the highest likes – not a combination of all.
- Thompson will announce winners by September 29, 2017.
- Invitations are non-transferable and have no cash value.
- Thompson is not responsible for travel costs associated with coming to High Point Market.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Void where prohibited.
Thompson grew up in Patzcuaro, Michoacan, located in the bucolic countryside of southwest Mexico. Patzcuaro is a town of tile-roofed adobe homes with courtyards and balconies filled with begonia, geraniums, bougainvilleas, tiger lilies, azaleas and hydrangeas. Cobblestone streets lead from the center of town to Lake Pátzcuaro. The lively town is filled with stores and vendors selling crafts, many in bright colors and artisans from neighboring villages sell their specialized crafts such as copperware, black pottery, musical instruments and baskets in the market.
Thompson is the largest decorative metals product provider in the United States, with a focus on copper. Located in Greensboro, NC, the company is family-owned and operated. Working with artisans in Mexico and India, Thompson transforms the highest-quality materials into one-of-a-kind designs for the home. Each piece is handcrafted, unique and possesses a story that is all its own. For more information, visit www.thompsontraders.com.